Rural Bank has been a client of Iugo's for some six-plus years and in 2013, they came to Iugo to build out a new website based on a new design they had procured.
Iugo and Rural Bank poured over the designs and identified how they could best be developed and Recite CMS was chosen as the Content Management System (CMS) to power the new website.
Key features of the new website were:
- ease of management - particularly with re-usable content such as interest rates
- cloud-compatible - uptime is a key requirement for a financial institution so it had to be fast, secure and reliable
- configureable - the site needed to not only deliver content, but also to interact with external data sources (such as ATM locations) as well as on-site data sources
- these on-site data sources included a Community section which allows remote communities to advertise their local sales, fairs, shows and so-on
- it also allows for updates to be provided to signed-up community members to be alerted about what's happening near them (using geolocations among other methods)
- these features contribute to Rural Bank's efforts in the communities in which they operate and provide a great method for interacting with their client base
Iugo promoted the idea of using cloud-based hosting where Rural Bank could move their entire web presence into the Cloud; in particular Amazon Web Services (AWS). The Cloud brings new options and flexibility not previously available; such as:
- ability to scale up and down depending on usage
- separation of duties - ie website/database/image processing/file creation & so-on
- cost-effective storage solution for significant sets of data
- assets cached all around the world; meaning it's fast for anyone in the world to access the Rural Bank website
- greater redundancy as more servers can be load balanced when required
The cost benefits were also significant with Return on Investment (ROI) being in a very short timeframe due to:
- storage costs at around a tenth of what it would be with a more typical set up
- only pay for what you use - the infrastructure can be ramped up or down to suit needs
- bandwidth costs significantly cheaper
- less management required due to auto-scaling when required
We're thrilled with the way in which the site presents and operates. The responsive nature of the templates; the ability for Rural Bank to easily update their website to ensure information is always up-to-the-minute as well as being able to help the communities they work in all results in a fantastic project we were thrilled to work on.
If you're interested in how we can implement Cloud-based Content Management System (CMS) for your organisation - please contact us for a chat.
Visit the Rural Bank website here »